Saturday, April 20, 2013

Kindergarten Timeline

I'm not much of a "calendar" teacher. Sure, we have a monthly calendar up. Many days we point to the day. It makes about 12 seconds. Some days we don't. Personally, I just don't think they get it.

Rotational time is a difficult skill... repeating months, repeating days, the 2013th year since we decided to start counting  years the way we do. 

A timeline of OUR year though is something I can wrap my head around a little more. It starts in August. It ends in May. The summer months aren't even on it. Every so often I add some pictures with captions, "In September, the ranger helped us explore our five senses at Sesqui State Park." or "In February, we made a lot of things out of chocolate playdough." 

Especially now, as our year is coming to a close, I mention the timeline. "We've done so much this year. I notice there are only two months left to fill on the timeline. Then kindergarten will be over." 
Head shots are over the months for birthdays. It's the only way I can remember them myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment